Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve


My Uncle John has been relentlessly hounding me about updating my blog. Daily Text Messages, Voice Mails, Emails, Snail Mail, Telegrams, at one point one of those planes flying overhead with the message "UPDATE YOUR BLOG MAT!" trailing behind.

So here it is. I am updating my blog.

Truth is, I've been swamped and just simply haven't had the time to update it lately.

Today is Christmas Eve. I got up at the ugly hour of 4:45 AM so that I could count inventory at the Fish House. I love to count inventory, I love to count inventory, I love to count inventory. I figure if I say that enough times eventually I will start to believe it.

So I got home around 7:30 and I couldn't believe it...everyone was still asleep! Well, I had about 6 cups of Coffee and a Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks in my system so I couldn't allow that to happen. I threw the covers off the girls and made everyone get up. We hit I-5 which had virtually no traffic (the first Christmas miracle for us this year) and drove to Queen Anne Hill in Downtown Seattle for breakfast at the famous 5 Spot restaurant. I first learned about this place when photographing Greg and Lauren's wedding last summer. I ordered the French Toast which is very unique there. It's kind of like a Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll only thicker, hotter and better...I gave Lea a bite and she said it was what she would choose to eat if it were her last meal. That's quite a compliment from a woman that loves breakfast!

5 Spot is just a block away from Seattles Best View at Kerry Park so we headed down the hill to take this family photo.

Afterwards, we hit the Woodland Park Zoo where it was a bit chilly but the sun was shining. We saw a wide variety of animals and I was able to grab a few photo's as well. I'm particularily excited about some Turkey Vulture Shots I got as well as Junior the Jaguar. Watch for future blogs with pics and possibly the Zoo magazine.

Anyway...I'll be sure to blog tomorrow after Santa comes.

I hope all is well with you and your family and thank you very much for checking out the blog!

Merry Christmas!

Mat

No comments: