Monday, October 20, 2008

Sophie at the beach





While her Mom was working on her buns of steel at the gym and her sister was stuffing her brain with multiplication tables, spelling tests and the names of cute boys in her class, Sophie and I found ourselves with some free time this afternoon.

We watched one of our favorite movies Ratatouille together while I edited some photo's and were simultaneously hit with a strong case of cabin fever. I had her put on her brightest sweater, we raided Savannah's hat collection, loaded up the car seat and made the 5 mile drive to the beach.

For whatever reason we hadn't been there in a couple of years and we were both thrilled to find a new playground had been built. It was a gray, drizzly day out which was great for us because it meant hardly anyone was there and the light was soft and even for photo's. I took advantage of my daughters beauty and enthusiasm to grab a few shots for my stock portfolio, we played on the swings, threw some rocks, grabbed a bite to eat and it ended up being a great Daddy/Daughter day.

No comments: