Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Crazy Uncle Mat

Last weekend my Mom (the crazy lady throwing the baby at me..thank goodness I was quick enough to snap the photo, drop the camera and catch her!), Sister and her two rug rats Ella and Mini-Mike aka Avery drove up to Seattle from their homes in Portland for a visit. What visit to my house would be complete without breaking out the studio equipment right?

Now that I think about it, I wonder if my Sister didn't have this planned the entire time. She did order an awful lot of prints for a spontaneous photo shoot after all...hmmmm

My oldest niece Ella has always been Miss Smiley whenever a camera is pointed in her direction. Not this time, let me tell you what. She did not want anything to do with smiling for the camera. Crazy Uncle Mat had to step in and show his serious (lack of) dance skills for a minute or two before she cracked a smile. I got a couple quick shots and that was it. Children's portraits I realize are not as simple as they seem. I think my Sister was lucky she didn't hit the JC Penney studio like my wife always threatens to do. Between Grandma, Ella, Mommy Meg and the star of the show Avery we fired off a few hundred shots. It was difficult to narrow it down to 50 great pics and then I felt a bit guilty as she ordered a whole heck of a lot of photo's. At least this way I know I'll get a photo of my Nieces :)

Until the end of May I will be offering a 25% discount off of my portrait pricing found on my Wedding Photography site under the category "Pricing."

You can tell it's a lot of fun by looking at Avery's reaction in the last photo when she realized we were going to call it a day :)





Of course Savannah and Sophie had to get in on the action.

No comments: