Monday, February 05, 2007

A good day






There are a lot of things I could write about and I have some other photo's to post. Yesterday, we had some friends over for the Superbowl. It was nice to see the Colt's win and even nicer to see the Bears lose. OK, I'm a little bitter it wasn't the Seahawks representing the NFC again, I can admit my motivation to root for the Colt's. All in all it was a great time with great friends and great food. You can see some pics Cory took on his blog by visiting www.coryparris.com and clicking the blog link.


I've been working on wedding photo's for many days in a row. Today I woke up to a very foggy day. After a couple of hours it became apparent the fog wasn't going to lift. I have been meaning to drive up to Deception Bridge for quite a while now and a foggy day seemed like just the right occassion for a road trip. Lea was volunteering at Kindergarten with Savannah today so Sophie and I loaded the car with crackers, water and gas and headed North. It really is a pretty bridge. I'd like to go again and shoot it at sunrise or sunset some day. There is a little parking area just past it so we pulled over to explore. We found a hiking trail down to a small beach under the bridge. Let me say that it was an easy hike down...going back up was a different story. Carrying two cameras, 3 lenses and a wiggling two year old up hill is some serious exercise let me tell ya. Well worth it though.


Instead of driving back I decided to keep heading into Whidbey Island to take the Ferry back home. We drove past a familiar sign and had to pull in. Poppys Place is a road named after my Grandma Poppy. The house my Grandparents owned for many years is at the bottom of the hill. They have cleared out the trees so there is a beautiful view of the water. The orchard is gone now and more houses are there. It's amazing how much smaller it looks but it sure brought back a lot of great memories.


Tomorrow after work I head to Portland, OR. My good friend Chris Bothwell has generously offered to put me up in his spare room the night before my beating...er, I mean meeting for work. If anyone is looking for a house in the Portland area, my friend Chris is the best realtor in the area so be sure to look him up.


I'll post when I get back...see you in the funny pages!


Mat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pics, that little spot under the bridge is where we all used to go in high school to visit and whatever........nice day for you and sophie.....see ya soon, love mom

John said...

you know they have not painted that house since they bought it from us. it used to be brown. here it now is faded a light purple. gross!