Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Of Monsters and Men

Of Monsters and Men is a band that has gone a long way in a short amount of time...literally and figuratively. They traveled to Seattle from Reykjavik, Iceland and I had the privilege of photographing a private show they performed for lucky contest winners for listeners of 107.7 The End at the Gibson show room. I got there pretty early to set up and the band was already there warming up with new Gibson guitars. The entire time they were laughing and teasing each other. It was very obvious they were enjoying themselves in the midst of an international tour and their enthusiasm was contagious. This band has just blown up on the scene. Their hit song Little Talks is super catchy and fun and seems to be on the radio constantly. They sounded fantastic live again with energy, fun and an authentic performance. After the show they took some time to meet their fans and get their photos taken with them. They were humble and nice, considerate and cool.

I had a box of finger puppet monsters in my car that I brought in hoping to convince one or two to wear one. When they saw the box the entire band surrounded me like trick or treaters on Halloween night. They filled all their fingers and played with them the entire time we did pics. They kept the batch and later my friend Iron Mike Savoia shot their sold out show at Showbox Sodo (his amazing pics from the show can be seen here: Mikes FB Gallery In Mike's photos you can see that they had decorated the stage with the little monsters. So fun! I hope to see them again soon and if you get the chance, you should too! Their new album: 'My Head is an Animal' is going to be released on April 3 and can be pre-ordered here: PREORDER
















No comments: